Tweetlogix 2.0 has arrived with universal support for iPad and iPhone! This update has been a long time in the making and I’m happy to release it as one universal app. Thanks to everyone who has helped make Tweetlogix successful. Enjoy Tweetlogix on iPad.
Note that Twitter will begin changing to their new 1.1 API on March 5th. Tweetlogix 2.0 is ready for this change. Please be sure to upgrade to Tweetlogix 2.0 prior to March 5th. Earlier Tweetlogix versions will no longer function after Twitter completes its API changes.
New Features and Improvements
- Universal support for iPad and iPhone
- Equivalent feature set for all iOS devices
- Easily import iOS Twitter accounts
- Expand iPad web view to screen width
- Improved web view design
- Open in Chrome web view action
- Improved VoiceOver for iPad and iPhone
- Theme Designer support for iPad side bar colors
- Additional system-provided theme
- Improved tool bar design for tweets
- New timeline home button
- Support for Twitter 1.1 API
- Twitter 1.1 rate limit view (Profile > Twitter Rate Limits)
- Fixed problem computing remaining chars in Compose view
- Fixed problem expanding long retweets
- Fixed double-tap return home from Profile > Tweets
Changes for Twitter Display Requirements and Terms of Service
- Removed user display name setting
- Retweet action is disabled for tweets posted by protected Twitter users
- Photo and video sharing actions are disabled when composing direct messages
Note that the Twitter 1.1 API introduces changes in Twitter rate limiting. Previously, Twitter permitted each user to perform up to 350 operations per hour. With Twitter 1.1, the rate limit varies depending upon the type of operation being performed and resets every 15 minutes. For example, Twitter now permits 15 home timeline refreshes every 15 minutes.
You can monitor your Twitter rate limits by navigating to Profile > Twitter Rate Limits. A new setting is also provided if you prefer to disable rate limit error reporting. To help reduce the likelihood of exceeding Twitter 1.1 rate limits, the minimum auto refresh interval has been increased to 5 minutes.
Also note that Twitter’s 1.1 API no longer supports “Retweets to Me” and “Retweets by Me” which were previously available in My Profile. An alternative way to find retweets posted by yourself is to navigate to Profile > Tweets where you can find all of your tweets and retweets.
If you enjoy using Tweet Marker with Tweetlogix, you may be interested in checking out their new Subscriber Plan at tweetmarker.net. It’s a great way to help support the Tweet Marker service and includes access to a Safari extension for setting markers from Twitter’s web interface.
If you haven’t used Tweet Marker before, it can be enabled in Tweetlogix from Settings > Services > Synchronize. Just like placing a bookmark on your timeline, Tweet Marker makes it easy to switch between different Twitter apps without losing your place. When enabled, Tweetlogix saves the place of your home timeline, mentions, and lists whenever you press your device’s home button to close the app. Your place is restored when you return to Tweetlogix and marked with a blue ribbon in the timeline.
Tweetlogix 1.9.9 is available now in the App Store. Here’s what’s new:
- Trend definitions are now optional (to enable, see Settings > Services > Trend Definitions)
- Tapping avatar on individual tweets offers a choice to open profile or image
- Improved VoiceOver support
- Composed tweets are now automatically saved to drafts if app is shutdown
- Error message now displayed if photo cannot be saved due to iOS 6 privacy settings
- Removed mentions retweet filter (Twitter is no longer returning retweets in mentions)
- Fixed problem opening profile locations in iOS 6
- Fixed problem causing corrupted icons in iOS 6
Tweetlogix 1.9.8 is available now in the App Store. This update introduces support for the new iPhone 5 display. Here’s what’s new:
- Compatible with iPhone 5
- Inline image previews for YouTube links
- Fixed problem creating new lists
This update also includes changes related to Twitter’s new Display Requirements:
- Individual tweet timestamps link to Tweet permalink
- Individual tweet avatar and title link to user profile
- Full name and @username shown on timeline by default (see Settings > User Display name)
Note that the minimum iOS version required for Tweetlogix has now changed to iOS 4.3.
Tweetlogix 1.9.7 is available now in the App Store. Here’s what’s changed:
- Fixed problem causing Direct Messages to be misordered
- Fixed problem displaying Twitter image previews in detailed tweet view
- Fixed problem dismissing full screen images with swipe down gesture
The next Tweetlogix update (1.9.8) will introduce support for the new 4” iPhone 5 display.
Tweetlogix 1.9.6 is available now in the App Store. Thanks to everyone for your feedback.
New Features and Improvements
- Improved Find Replies search results
- Swipe down to close images
- Inline image support for Flickr short URLs, twipple.jp, and photozou.jp
- Retweet Comment style settings (see Settings > Advanced)
- Unfollowing users removes cached tweets from timelines
- Saving to Pinboard now sets Pinboard’s toRead attribute
- My Profile is now auto refreshed when activated
- Improved design of Select Timeline view
- Support for secure https Twitter search
- Adjusted Timeline tap target to avoid accidental invocations
- Fixed problem displaying inline pic.twitter.com images (Note that there is still a problem with pic.twitter.com images in the detailed tweet view - this will be fixed in the next update.)
- Fixed problem marking unread direct messages
- Fixed missing compose button when Messages is on located More page
- Fixed keyword filtering for expanded long tweet content
- Fixed problem displaying lengthy trend names
Tweetlogix 1.9.5 is available now in the App Store. Here’s what’s new:
- Inline theme preview images
- Direct message swipe toolbar and tap-hold actions
- Direct message translate, email, and copy actions
- Retweet filters are no longer restricted by filter scope
- Re-introduced “Shorten to 140 chars” option when sending long tweets
- Fixed problem selecting list memberships
- Fixed problem removing previously deleted tweets or messages
Tweetlogix 1.9.4 is available now in the App Store. Here’s what’s new:
- Added retweet filter for Mentions (see More > Filters > Retweets)
- Fixed problems refreshing favorites
- Fixed possible crash when navigating between views
- Fixed remaining char counts when composing tweets containing financial symbol links
- Fixed problem causing timeline title button to stop working
Tweetlogix 1.9.3 is available now in the App Store. This is a small maintenance update, primarily for compatibility with Twitter’s upcoming May 14th API changes. Please be sure to install this update before May 14th. Earlier versions of Tweetlogix will no longer function completely on that date.
Changes in This Update
- Updated app for compatibility with Twitter’s May 14th API changes
- Removed Public Timeline (Twitter will no longer support the non-streaming public timeline on May 14th)
- Fixed remaining character count when composing tweets containing links
- Renamed Read it Later to Pocket
Tweetlogix 1.9.2 is available now in the App Store. This is a small maintenance update which includes the following bug fixes:
- Fixed problem causing some muted tweets to appear in timeline
- Fixed possible crash while refreshing timelines