Tweetlogix 2.8.1 is available now in the App Store. This update introduces support for iPad Pro, an additional External Safari Web Browser option, and fixes a number of bugs. Thanks to everyone who has sent feedback and bug reports. We wish you a happy holiday and new year!
- Support for iPad Pro
- External Safari web browser option for iOS 9 (see Settings > Display > Web Browser)
- Fixed problem displaying some inline images
- Fixed long tap action for user titles on iPhone 6s
- Fixed compose view to allow posting empty tweets with image attachments
- Fixed problem restoring scroll position if device is rotated while viewing an image
- Fixed translate action for some device language and region settings
- Fixed keyboard background color when composing tweets on iPad
- Fixed problem opening Twitter Periscope app from web view
- Fixed problem navigating to web links containing @ symbol
- Fixed problem computing remaining characters in compose view
- Fixed problem causing unnecessary background battery usage when Wi-Fi Streaming Scroll-to-Top option is enabled
Tweetlogix 2.8 is available now in the App Store. This update introduces support for iOS 9, as well as a number of other great new features. Take advantage of iPad multitasking, Safari-based web views, customizable fonts and more.
Today also happens to be the five year anniversary of Tweetlogix entering the App Store (purely coincidental)! Thanks to all our users for supporting the product and encouraging me to continue with its development.
New for iOS 9
- Multitasking on iPad lets you seamlessly transition between Slide Over, Split View, and Full Screen modes
- Optional Safari-based web view (see Settings > Display > Web Browser)
More New Features and Changes
- Customizable font style (see Settings > Display > Fonts)
- Support for reading and sending Twitter direct messages up to 10,000 characters
- Keyword and muted user filters now also apply to quoted tweet content
- Standard web view updated to faster WebKit-based technology
- Updated Tweetlogix icon
- Fixed problem displaying inline previews for some video links
Note that you may wish to clear your Tweetlogix cache after updating to this version in order to view the full text of existing long direct messages.
Thanks to everyone who helped beta test this release. Tweetlogix never prompts for reviews within the app, but we would greatly appreciate if you would take the time to rate or review Tweetlogix in the App Store.
Tweetlogix 2.7.1 is available now in the App Store. This is a very small update to fix a few issues:
- Fixed problem displaying expanded long tweets in individual tweet view
- Fixed possible crash when changing sound effects in Tweetlogix settings
- Other minor bug fixes
The next major update (2.8) is in-the-works and will include support for iOS 9 split-view multitasking on iPad. Stay tuned!
Tweetlogix never prompts for reviews within the app, but we certainly appreciate them. Click here to review Tweetlogix in the App Store.
Tweetlogix 2.7 is available now in the App Store. Among the new features in this update is support for uploading Twitter videos, access to recent photos and videos from user profiles, and inline display of quoted tweets. Thanks to everyone for your feedback and suggestions.
- Support for sending tweets with Twitter video
- Support for viewing recent photos and videos from user profiles
- Support for displaying inline Twitter quoted tweets
- Support for quoting tweets (additional action available from Retweet button)
- Compose view now uses dark keyboard style for dark themes
You may need to clear your Tweetlogix cache after updating to this version in order to view inline quotes for existing cached tweets. Also note that the default video upload service has changed to Twitter.
- Fixed problem closing image viewer with swipe-down gesture
- Fixed problem navigating to some tweet links
- Fixed problem which may cause image viewer to incorrectly open when expanding timeline gaps
- Fixed problem opening URLs in VoiceOver mode from iOS 8 sharing sheet
Some users have reported a problem today when attempting to fill gaps in the home timeline. It appears that the Twitter API has changed its behavior today, and is no longer returning tweets when they are requested for a specific range of tweet IDs. We’re not yet sure if this was an intentional change to the Twitter API, or if it is a temporary issue.
Assuming the problem is not fixed by Twitter shortly, we’re planning to make a change in the upcoming 2.7 update which will hopefully avoid the issue by using a different technique for requesting tweets when filling timeline gaps.
By the way, the 2.7 update is currently being tested and is looking great. Among the new features is support for uploading Twitter videos, access to recent photos and videos from user profiles, and display of quoted tweets within timelines.
Update (June 15, 2015): Tweetlogix 2.7 is now submitted to Apple and is awaiting App Store review. This update includes a workaround for the issue affecting timeline gap filling. The issue has also been reported to Twitter. You can get a general idea of average App Store review times at http://appreviewtimes.com (currently 11 days for the iOS App Store).
Update (June 18, 2015): Twitter has fixed the API issue that was affecting timeline gap filling. The problem filling gaps should now be resolved in the existing Tweetlogix 2.6.1 version.
Tweetlogix 2.6.1 is available now in the App Store. This is a small update to fix an issue on 64-bit devices verifying Wi-Fi connectivity for Twitter streaming. Thanks to everyone who reported this issue.
Tweetlogix 2.6 is available now in the App Store. This update includes support for viewing Twitter animated GIFs and videos.
- Support for viewing Twitter animated GIFs and videos
- Enhanced image viewer supporting side-swipe gesture for viewing multiple images
- Long tapping links in iOS 8 now also displays URL
- Added video stream quality setting for Twitter video (See Settings > Media)
- Added ability to clear cookies for in-app web browser (See Settings > Reset)
You may need to clear your Tweetlogix cache after updating to this version in order to view Twitter animated GIFs and videos in existing cached tweets.
Also note that Twitter has not yet added support for animated GIFs and videos in search results. However, you can tap any tweet to view animated GIFs and videos from the individual tweet view.
- Fixed problem closing image viewer with swipe-down gesture
- Fixed problem causing retweets of blocked users to appear in home timeline while streaming
- Fixed problem muting retweets in cached search results
- Fixed web view sharing sheet to use URL of currently displayed page
- Fixed contrast problem for tab buttons with some color themes
- Fixed problem scrolling to bottom of search results
Tweetlogix 2.5.1 is available now in the App Store. This is a very small update which fixes two issues:
- Fixed incorrect display of detailed tweet view when navigating to some links
- Fixed problem causing some tweets to display invalid location maps
Some users have also asked about support for displaying Twitter animated GIFs. Currently, Twitter has not yet updated their API to enable 3rd party apps to display GIFs. However, Twitter has recently commented in their developer forum that API support for GIFs is coming soon. I’m planning to develop support for displaying GIFs in Tweetlogix as soon as Twitter releases API support for them.
Tweetlogix 2.5 is available now in the App Store. Among the new features is support for the iOS 8 Sharing Sheet, viewing and uploading of Twitter header images, and avatar shape options.
Thanks to everyone who has sent us feedback and bug reports. We wish everyone a happy holiday and new year!
New Features and Improvements
- Support for iOS 8 Sharing Sheet
- Twitter header images now displayed in user profiles
- Upload your own Twitter header image (See Profile > Edit)
- Options for round, square, or rounded-square avatars (See Settings > Display)
- Web view on iPad is now always displayed as a full width view
- Web view on iPad can be closed with a two-finger swipe down gesture
- Navigating into tweet links now displays detailed tweet view
- Users are now removed from Recent Users list when blocked or reported as spam
- Fixed problem displaying some action confirmations on iPad
- Fixed problem deleting keyword filters
Tweetlogix 2.4.1 is available now in the App Store. This is a small bug fix update, including a fix for the problem causing some tweets to be incorrectly saved to drafts. If you have existing drafts that were incorrectly saved by the previous version of Tweetlogix, you will need to manually delete them. Thanks to everyone who reported these issues.
Also note that Twitpic is currently shutting down. If you were previously using Twitpic as your image service, see this post for instructions explaining how to select a different image service. In the next update, Twitpic will be removed as an image service option.
Changes in this Update
- Fixed problem causing some sent or discarded tweets to be saved as drafts
- Fixed problem displaying “Tweet Sent Successfully” message
- Fixed problem dismissing images with swipe-down gesture
- Fixed layout issue when iOS in-call status bar is displayed
- Fixed possible title text overlap in tweets